The Adam Afriyie-led Committee on Members’ Expenses is to review the operation of the Parliamentary Standards Act 2009, which established IPSA. The branch will be submitting a response on behalf of our members who have been affected by the Act. Please forward your comments and evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 29 August.
In particular the committee will consider how to ensure:
- value for money for taxpayers
- public confidence in Parliament
- the ability of Members to fulfil their duties effectively
- fairness for less well-off Members and those with families
- that Members are not deterred from submitting legitimate claims
Full details about the inquiry here